unmanaged win32 dll not loading in .net MVC app on IIS 8.5, Win Server 2012 R2, Azure virtual machine -


I'm trying to consume Win32 DLL in a .NET MVC app. Although I'm receiving the following error: Unable to load DLL 'experiment_dll.dll': The specified module was not found

I used the Process Monitor to capture file system activity Trying to execute the code DLL has done. It shows that DLL can be viewed and most file system operations are successful.

Two full size screen capture of file system activity -

As you can see one of the results of an operation The file is only closed with readers . Why can it be that the DLL has failed to load and why the error message is saying that the DLL was not found?

Update: I have found this forum thread saying that this result is really successful and therefore this should not be a problem -

If this is a permission If the issue is, how can it be decided? I have already given full control over DLL file and bin and root folders to AP pool.

I have a test MVC app and a test DLL (which only takes a function that gives a bool and a single bool.) I can create test MVC x86 and DLL win32 (both release builds) and Enable the 32-bit application The app pool setting has tried to make the truth. I have also tried to test the MVC x64 and DLL x64 (both release builds) and 32-bit applications Enable app pool settings from wrong I have tried the any CPU configuration. The same error and output of all the same file system activity is shown in the screen capture.

IIS 8.5, Windows Server 2012 R2 is experiencing this problem while publishing while running on Azure Virtual Machine.

A free mywebsite.azurewebsites.net or while running on my development machine The DLL loads without problem without publishing.

After checking DLL with Dependency with Walker, it has been found that a dependency established with Visual Studio was not available on the server, MSVCR120.dll . Initially I thought that because I had not given any reliance to DLL that there will be no dependency which can disappear. So I ignored it. bad decisions!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

import - Python ImportError: No module named wmi -

Editing Python Class in Shell and SQLAlchemy -

c# - MySQL Parameterized Select Query joining tables issue -