linux - Installing php on CentOS using Terminal -


I am very new to all of this so please forgive my ignorance. I have a VP running on Centos 6 and Plesk I am trying to install a new version of PHP using the following tutorial (current version is 5.3)

I command wget http : //uk1.php.net/get/php-5.4 .27.tar.gz / to / this / mirror which downloads the file php-5.4.27.tar.gz but Saves it in the 'mirror'

If I then use the 'mirror' by using the CD mirror I get a message in which -bish: cd: enter Reservation: no directory . I have tried the CD / mirror , CD / mirror / and CD / mirror / .

I am not available anywhere with any help would be appreciated Thanks

What you can do here is to name the mirror php-5.4.27.tar.gz, remove it and then in the cd directory.

  1. MV mirror php-5.4.27.tar.gz
  2. wire xvf php-5.4.27.tar.gz
  3. cd php-5.4 .27

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

import - Python ImportError: No module named wmi -

Editing Python Class in Shell and SQLAlchemy -

c# - MySQL Parameterized Select Query joining tables issue -