ios - Backup and Restore sqlite db during new version release -


I am working on an iPad application. When a new version is released, I add the version number on the server number db and call it through the web service and check with the build version of the app. If there is a change in this version, then I am calling the URL to install the new version of the app. What would be the possible solution to lose your data from the iPad app, and when the new app is installed, I will use the same Sclit DB. FYI ... I am not using any MDM, and I am installing the app through URL. Let me know that I need to explain more in detail.

In the past, app version updates are usually reset to the bundle in the form of a pack User data is lost in data (IPA) database (note: it can be changed in iOS 7 due to incremental update options announced, but I have never tested it).

My method around this is to provide a backup restore feature that creates a flist in the / documents folder. This allows the user to remove his data through iTunes file sharing, if he wants, restore it back if you have a server, then create folders for registered users and back / restore from server Would be a better way of Prompt the user to use the backup before any updates, and prompt to restore the data from the server (if available and the database is empty).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

import - Python ImportError: No module named wmi -

Editing Python Class in Shell and SQLAlchemy -

c# - MySQL Parameterized Select Query joining tables issue -