c# - Command line program invoked as a "slave" considered dynamically linked? -


I am trying to get an explanation on dynamically linked resources. I understand that if my program links to separate .DL and makes the function call while running, then it has a dynamic link but say that my program invites a separate .exe through the command line . This .exe can act as a slave by passing "-Slave" in the command line and in my app a handle for a window that communicates it, my program then sends this command, for example: -Dothis Or -othath and output are sent in my program window. Is it dynamically linked?

I ask because .exe is an open source GPL program using the command line and my program is not. My understanding is that if I do not really link to any GPL libraries, then I am not violating the license.

Thanks

Is it dynamically linked?

No, you are dynamically adding to another program only if you load your code in place of your process's address.

You have been suggested to run the GPLed program as a separate process, and then it is ok to communicate using standard IPC features. This problem is resolved in the field.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

import - Python ImportError: No module named wmi -

Editing Python Class in Shell and SQLAlchemy -

c# - MySQL Parameterized Select Query joining tables issue -