tcsh - Force cp to overwrite when -i option used by defaul -


After

I use c shell (especially tcsh).

I have a .custom file in my , so that by default cp is always defined for the -i flag Goes:

  alias cp cp i  

I am trying to do a specific shell script it is desirable for cp Write to write above and I need to be forced to overwrite if I want to overwrite the destination file in my shell script in my cp --remove-destination I tried to use , but I was still being prompted whether or not to overwrite the destination file. -i is already the default behavior, when what would be the correct flag to use to apply an overwrite?

You have two possibilities:

Instead of applying your nicknames first Use system cp:

  / bin / cp .....  

second overrides -i option (hence it's CP-I-N The second one is very less readable, so I suggest using the first one.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

import - Python ImportError: No module named wmi -

Editing Python Class in Shell and SQLAlchemy -

c# - MySQL Parameterized Select Query joining tables issue -