virtual machine - How VM Name is resolved over the LAN Network? -


I hosted a test-vm named VM (Red Hat Linux) on my desktop machine (Windows) a static IP address But I do not have any DNS entry for this static IP address.

Without an entry in the client's host file, I am surprised that the Ping Test - VM is the answer. How is this possible? How does test-vm work on other machines on our LAN network without entering DNS for Test-VM?

Regards, Adil Khalil

Post Text "itemprop =" text ">

I think you are using a vmware client in your Windows desktop. In this situation, the hostname is connected to your vmware virtual DNS. With your pinged broadcasts in the network, your VMware virtual DNS is forwarding ping to your VM client.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

import - Python ImportError: No module named wmi -

Editing Python Class in Shell and SQLAlchemy -

c# - MySQL Parameterized Select Query joining tables issue -